1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe there are no additional books to the Bible that are sacred scripture.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, the bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in glory and power.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of, or in addition to, good works.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life and perform good works.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity for believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Statement of Principle
1. LHWC is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His Church. Therefore LHWC, embodied in its staff and volunteers, is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord as found in the Bible, both in word and deed, to pregnant women and single mothers. Commensurate with this purpose those who labor as employees, client advocates, parenting instructors and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior.
2. LHWC is committed to provide its clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal development and abortion.
3. LHWC is committed to helping mothers and fathers learn positive, nurturing and healthy parenting skills.
4. LHWC is committed to assisting women to carry their babies to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance, including shelter in Hope House if needed and space is available. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large the women may face the future with hope.
5. LHWC never discriminates in providing service because of race, creed, color, national origin, age or marital status of its clients.
6. LHWC never advises, provides, or refers for abortion or abortifacient.
7. LHWC offers assistance free of charge at all times.
8. LHWC is committed to creating an awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
9. LHWC does not refer single women for contraceptives. Health issues relevant to birth control can be discussed but not promoted as a solution. Abstinence is the only solution advocated.
10. LHWC is not biased toward adoption when compared to the alternative of parenting. Our clinic is not an adoption agency and we are independent of any adoption agency. Our purpose is to make sure our birth mothers are well prepared for their decisions and to act as advocates for them. We do not charge money for any of the services we provide in an adoption.